Are you planning a trip to Taiwan? How exciting! Even though I am not joining your trip, I share your excitement as you will soon embark on an unforgettable adventure and Taiwan has so much to offer.
My love affair with Taiwan started back in the 2000s because of the Taiwanese band Mayday 五月天 and their music. My first trip to Taiwan was to attend their concerts and explore their hometowns. During my trip, I discovered so many sides of Taiwan – its unique culture, friendly communities, diverse cuisine, and breathtaking landscape – that keep tempting me to return to the island.
Here’s my “love letter” to Taiwan, a curated collection of Taiwan travel guides for travelers who are interested to explore Taiwan beyond the well-trodden paths. The articles and resources cover a range of topics from travel recommendations to itineraries. Enjoy reading and have fun planning your next getaway to Taiwan!
* I am working to update this guide regularly. If you are looking for any Taiwan travel information, contact me and I will try to add them to this guide!
Latest Taiwan Travel Information
Guide to Taiwan Lucky Land Campaign: How to be lucky and win Taiwan travel prizes
Featured Taiwan Travel Guides
Taiwan Travel Guides
Travel Guides to Taipei
Day trips from Taipei
Guides to Chiayi
Guides to Taitung
Guides to fun activities in Taiwan
Guides to Taiwan Islands
Useful Taiwan Travel Resources
Transportation in Taiwan: How to get around Taiwan easily
Taiwan Railway Administration (TRA) 臺鐵
Taiwan Railway Administration operates a comprehensive network of trains connecting cities and small towns. There are several types of passenger trains such as intercity, Fuxing, Juguang, Ziqiang and more so you can select the train that suits your budget and time. Advance reservations for weekend and holiday trains are highly recommended, especially for tickets to Taitung. Book your tickets on TRA website! The TRA app is very useful too.
Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) 台灣高鐵
Taiwan High Speed Rail connects cities and towns in Taiwan with its fast and comfortable trains. THSR tickets are more expensive than local trains operated by Taiwan Railway Administration (TRA) but you can cut down traveling time and hassle. Save money by buying your tickets early on THSR website!
You can purchase THSR tickets on external websites like klook too. Get 10% with this code US10NEW!
Taiwan Tourist Shuttle 台灣好行
The Taiwan Tourist Shuttle bus service is a lifesaver for travellers who do not drive as it is super convenient. From the major attractions, Taiwan train station, to High Speed Rail stations, the shuttles take you to the main tourist attractions in Taiwan. They offer so many scenic routes at very affordable prices.
Taiwan Tour Bus 台灣觀巴
Taiwan Tour Bus offers bus tour itineraries along with the major scenic spots of Taiwan. The hassle-free bus tour packages include pre-planned itineraries, meal plans, and sometimes even accommodation for multi-day tours.
Alishan Forest Railway 阿里山森林火車
Book your tickets for the popular Alishan Forest Railway on this website managed by Alishan Forest Railway and Cultural Heritage Office. English webpage is available and you reserve train tickets and pay online.
Taiwan travel tourism websites
- Taiwan Tourism Administration 台灣交通部觀光署: The official Taiwan travel website that provides comprehensiive information about travel in Taiwan and event updates. If you are in Singapore, head to the Taiwan Tourism Administration Singapore office to get free maps and goodies. I love their maps + brochures corner!
- Northeast and Yilan Coast National Scenic Area 東北角暨宜蘭海岸國家風景區
- Taitung 台東: This website by Taitung County Government provides general information about Taitung, its attractions, and itineraries.
- East Coast National Scenic Area 東部海岸國家風景區
- East Longitudinal Valley National Scenic Area 花東縱谷國家風景區
- Tri-Mountain National Scenic Area 參山國家風景區: Comprehensive guides to to Lion’s Head Mountain, Lishan, and Baguashan
- Southwest Coast National Scenic Area 雲嘉南國家風景區
- Alishan National Scenic Area 阿里山國家風景區
- Penghu National Scenic Area 澎湖國家風景區
- Taiwan Forest Recreation 台灣山林旅遊: This official website provides information of 18 Forest Recreation Areas in Taiwan including Alishan Forest Recreation Area, Hehuanshan Forest Recreation Area, and more.
My Taiwan guide is included in the blog “Must-read travel blogs before you travel to Taiwan” published by educational publisher Twinkl.