- Are you planning to visit Japan or Taiwan soon?
- Are you an independent traveller who wish to experience the authentic Japan and Taiwan beyond the well-trodden path?
- Are you overwhelmed by information while researching about Japan and Taiwan?
- Are you hoping to get a trusted friend’s help to plan your dream trip?
If your answers are YES to the above questions, I am excited to help you plan that dream trip to Japan and Taiwan in the fastest, cheapest, and most fulfilling way!
During my two-year stay in Japan, I explored many Okinawa islands, participated in many festivals, and even cycled from the south to the north of mainland Okinawa. I also travelled to more than 30 prefectures in other parts of Japan.
Taiwan is like my second home. I have lost count of the trips I have been to the beautiful island “Formosa” and I keep heading back to discover its gems.
I suffer from “compulsive-obsessive-travel-planning disorder” (COTPD). I devoted too much time to planning trips and my travel companions usually suffer from information overload or hectic itineraries (or both).
I have been providing consultancy services as my friends and their friends began to offer to pay me to plan their trips as they are very impressed by my extensive research and recommendations (or just have no time to plan their holidays).
I am very happy to share my love for Japan and Taiwan and help you to plan trips so that you can
- Experience authentic and immersive travel beyond the usual touristy sights
- Gain a deep understanding of the island’s culture and history
- Create unforgettable memories of a meaningful vacation
Let’s start planning
Step 1: Information
Send an email with these information:
– Short introduction of yourself and your travel partners
– Number of days in Japan or Taiwan (dates if you have)
– Your interests and ‘must do’ for the trip
– Your travel pace (how many sights/activities in a day)
– Your preferred mode of transportation (self drive and etc.)
– Your estimated budget
Step 2: Consultation Style
Choose your consultation services that suit your needs
a. Travel guidance
b. Travel planning
a. Travel Guidance
– Plan your trip with guidance from me to consolidate information you have found in guidebooks/websites
– Face-to-face meeting(s) to discuss your itinerary
– Detailed feedback about your itinerary with tailored recommendations
– Hourly rate for consultation (depending on length/complexity of your trip
– I will plan your trip and provide a detailed trip itinerary
– Face-to-face meeting(s) and email/whatsapp chats to discuss your itinerary
– Detailed itinerary with tailored recommendations
– Booking of accommodation, cars, tours and etc.
– Package rate for consultation and trip itinerary (depending on length/complexity of your trip
The format and style of consultation can be tailored to your preferences and schedule. Consultation rates are provided after I get more information about your needs.
Just drop me an email at whywendywrites [at] gmail [dot] com and we can discuss more!
Trips planned by Wendy
Okinawa (14 days)
Meng and Anna visited Ishigaki and Okinawa main island in Nov-Dec 2017. Their itinerary included booking of accommodation and planning of island-hopping trips in Ishigaki and sights/food recommendations from Ishigaki to Okinawa mainland.
Okinawa (7 Days)
Nicholas visited Okinawa main island for 1 week in Jan 2018. His itinerary included sights/food recommendations, design of driving route, and booking of rental car, accommodation in Okinawa mainland. He is an amazing photographer.
Our trip in Okinawa was excellent! Wendy paid careful attention to our preference for trekking and outdoor activities. Drawing from her personal knowledge of Okinawa, Wendy organised a 5-day stay at a farmhouse in Iriomote for us. Most visitors are unaware of the outdoor activities and treasures of Iriomote and booked only for the day trip. As we do not speak Japanese, Wendy made it a point to find English-speaking guides for most of our activities. Throughout the 2-week trip, Wendy demonstrated care and concern and professionalism. Having lived in Naha, she was able to suggest eateries within our vicinity wherever we went. As we were very busy with our work, Wendy has saved us a lot of time in research and planning with her expertise. We highly recommend her services for people keen to travel in Okinawa with a personal touch.Meng and Anna
Wendy’s insider knowledge of Okinawa was pivotal in helping me research and plan this relaxed foodie/sight-seeing itinerary. It was a good mix of the popular and must-see locations plus some of her personal favourites and hangouts. I am thankful for the extra support I got when bad weather disrupted the original itinerary. She helped me to process and request for booking cancellations remotely along with some ad-hoc suggestions while on the go.Nicholas, Lee, Pet Photographer at Furry Photos